Definición de capillary en inglés:
1 Anatomy Any of the fine branching blood vessels that form a network between the arterioles and venules.
- Blood obtained from a skin puncture is a mixture of arterioles, venules and capillaries and contains interstitial and intracellular fluids.
- Between the arteries and the veins are networks of tiny blood vessels called capillaries.
- Immature vessels coalesce to form larger vessels and organize into capillaries, arterioles, and venules.
2 (also capillary tube) A tube that has an internal diameter of hairlike thinness.
- Different diameter capillary tubes are used for thinner or thicker oils.
- Scientists have long used ultra-fine glass tubes known as capillaries to analyze the chemical makeup of substances.
- The packed cell volume is determined by centrifuging the specimen in capillary tubes and measuring the height of the red cell column.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
Of or relating to capillaries or capillarity.
- Alveolar wall thickening with eosinophilic materials and capillary congestion with red blood cells were evident in the mice with emphysema at 72 hours.
- While patients with insulin-requiring diabetes are in active labor, capillary blood glucose levels should be monitored hourly.
- One of the most colorful controversies in the first decade of the 20th century concerned how oxygen moved across the pulmonary capillary wall into the blood.
Definición de capillary en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan