- A large warship such as a battleship or aircraft carrier.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the Second World War carriers replaced battleships as the capital ships of modern navies because aircraft could perform the functions of naval guns more effectively.
- If the Americans lost a capital ship (a battleship or aircraft carrier) it was simply a loss.
- The raid on Alexandria - the battleship HMS Queen Elizabeth was even more severely damaged than Valiant - wiped out the Royal Navy's capital ships in the Eastern Mediterranean at a stroke.
Más definiciones de capital shipDefinición de capital ship en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional