Definición de capitate en inglés:
adjetivoBotany & Zoology
Ending in a distinct compact head.
- In a recent study of Lamiaceae secretory structures, Corsi and Bottega identified four different types of capitate trichomes on the leaves of Salvia officinalis, in addition to peltate trichomes.
- In the absence of UV-B, both peltate and capitate glands were incompletely developed in both mature and developing leaves, the oil sacs being wrinkled and only partially filled.
- A description might read, ‘Leaves pubescent with capitate trichomes, or farinose when dry.’
sustantivo(also capitate bone) Anatomy Volver al principio
The largest of the carpal bones, situated at the base of the palm of the hand and articulating with the third metacarpal.
- The lesion is thought to be caused by attenuation of the ulnar V ligament connecting the capitate with the distal carpal row to the triquetrum of the proximal row.
- Gymnasts' wrist injury includes distal radius stress fractures, scaphoid stress fracture, avascular necrosis of the capitate, ulnar carpal abutment, and dorsal impingement.
- The distal row of carpals includes the hamate, capitate, trapezium, and trapezoid, which are closely approximated to the metacarpals.
mid 17th century: from Latin capitatus, from caput, capit- 'head'.
Definición de capitate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan