- The payment of a fee or grant to a doctor, school, or other person or body providing services to a number of people, such that the amount paid is determined by the number of patients, students, or customers: the increased capitation enabled schools to offer students an enhanced curriculum [as modifier]: income capitation feesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An increase in capitation grants to schools of only €50 per pupil would meet the annual insurance costs.
- By combining several regional groups of physicians, they were able to negotiate capitation payments for large patient populations.
- Incentives may be aimed directly at individual doctors such as capitation payments, caps on fee-for-service income, and target payments for screening set proportions of a population.
early 17th century (denoting the counting of heads): from late Latin capitatio 'poll tax', from caput 'head'.
Más definiciones de capitationDefinición de capitation en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional