Definición de capitulate en inglés:
Cease to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand; surrender: the patriots had to capitulate to the enemy forces
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The various forces converged in April 1945, and the Berlin garrison commander capitulated on 2 May.
- So great was the demoralization that formidable fortresses capitulated to mere cavalry units.
- But, as hostilities begin, these non-military efforts to influence combine with military force until the regime capitulates.
- Example sentences
- They will be remembered, not as the reasonable, mature and statesmanlike figures they imagine themselves to be, but as abject capitulators to power and well-practiced accompanists to reaction.
- The dolphins made it to the beach and the capitulators made it into deep water with minimal disturbance to the circadian rhythms of the seafront dwellers.
- Some of these violent acts will be directed against the targets of non-capitulators that are located within the jurisdiction of the capitulators.
Words that rhyme with capitulateinsulate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan