- The various forces converged in April 1945, and the Berlin garrison commander capitulated on 2 May.
- So great was the demoralization that formidable fortresses capitulated to mere cavalry units.
- But, as hostilities begin, these non-military efforts to influence combine with military force until the regime capitulates.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They will be remembered, not as the reasonable, mature and statesmanlike figures they imagine themselves to be, but as abject capitulators to power and well-practiced accompanists to reaction.
- The dolphins made it to the beach and the capitulators made it into deep water with minimal disturbance to the circadian rhythms of the seafront dwellers.
- Some of these violent acts will be directed against the targets of non-capitulators that are located within the jurisdiction of the capitulators.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'parley, draw up terms'): from French capituler, from medieval Latin capitulare 'draw up under headings', from Latin capitulum, diminutive of caput 'head'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ca·pit·u·late
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.