- 1 (also caraway seed) The seeds of a plant of the parsley family, used for flavoring and as a source of oil.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Half were given Lomatol, a German herbal preparation containing peppermint, fennel seed, caraway seed and wormwood.
- I love their piney, resinous, spicy smell, but you could add a teaspoonful of caraway seed - an old friend of the cabbage - instead.
- Because kitchens of yore had limited ingredients, bakers often flavored cookies with dates, rose water, or caraway seed.
- 2The white-flowered Mediterranean plant which bears caraway seeds.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Carum carvi, family Umbelliferae
- The most popular ones have umbrella shaped flowers such as fennel, dill, cilantro, caraway, angelica, tansy, wild carrot & yarrow.
- Angelica belongs to the Umbellifer family and is of similar habit to dill, fennel, caraway and lovage.
- One warning: do not plant near beans, caraway, tomatoes, coriander or wormwood-they do not work well together.
Middle English: from medieval Latin carui, from Arabic alkarāwiyā, probably from Greek karon 'cumin'.
Más definiciones de carawayDefinición de caraway en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional