- 1A binary compound of carbon with an element of lower or comparable electronegativity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Borides, carbides, oxides, and nonmetallic particles in the melt are scavenged and then concentrated in localized regions within the cast structure.
- Titanium can reduce carbon in austenite by forming very stable carbides.
- How stable the carbides are depends on how the element is partitioned between the cementite and the matrix.
- 1.1Calcium carbide (CaC2), used to generate acetylene by reaction with water and formerly used in portable lamps: [as modifier]: a carbide lampMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There was a narrow track from the road down to the farm and in the dark with only carbide lamps on the fire engine they went off the track and got stuck.
- The store stocks candles, flashlights, carbide and hurricane lamps, solar-powered attic fans and much more.
- By now our carbide lamps were providing only a pathetically small amount of illumination.
Más definiciones de carbideDefinición de carbide en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional