Definición de carbine en inglés:
1A light automatic rifle.
- By simply changing the barrel or adding a bipod the AUG can change from a conventional rifle to an assault rifle, carbine, or light machine gun.
- Several buildings were examined and stores of grenades, Russian and Chinese machine guns, automatic carbines, uniforms and military equipment, including a tonne of ammunition, were found.
- One of such newly developed weapons for airborne forces of Nazi Germany were light carbines that could use standard ammunition.
1.1 historical A short rifle or musket used by cavalry.
- The infantry of both armies in the Civil War for the first time used muzzle-loading rifled muskets, while cavalry with breech-loading carbines fought dismounted.
- They shouldered responsibility, faith and idealism along with muskets, carbines and courage.
- The 7th Cavalry, with single-shot carbines, was quite simply outgunned by the Indians who had repeating rifles.
early 17th century: from French carabine, from carabin 'mounted musketeer', of unknown origin.
Definición de carbine en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan