Definición de carbine en inglés:
1A light automatic rifle.
- By simply changing the barrel or adding a bipod the AUG can change from a conventional rifle to an assault rifle, carbine, or light machine gun.
- Several buildings were examined and stores of grenades, Russian and Chinese machine guns, automatic carbines, uniforms and military equipment, including a tonne of ammunition, were found.
- One of such newly developed weapons for airborne forces of Nazi Germany were light carbines that could use standard ammunition.
1.1 historical A short rifle or musket used by cavalry.
- The infantry of both armies in the Civil War for the first time used muzzle-loading rifled muskets, while cavalry with breech-loading carbines fought dismounted.
- They shouldered responsibility, faith and idealism along with muskets, carbines and courage.
- The 7th Cavalry, with single-shot carbines, was quite simply outgunned by the Indians who had repeating rifles.
early 17th century: from French carabine, from carabin 'mounted musketeer', of unknown origin.
Definición de carbine en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan