- (In the Melanesian Islands) a system of belief based around the expected arrival of ancestral spirits in ships bringing cargoes of food and other goods.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The belief in a mythical messianic figure named John Frum was the basis for an indigenous cargo cult (a movement attempting to obtain industrial goods through magic) promising Melanesian deliverance.
- In the Lihir Islands, the discovery of gold was viewed by many local people as the fulfilment of prophecies made in the context of a cargo cult which had attracted numerous adherents during the previous decade.
- He is the supposed messianic figure of the cargo cult, a white man in disguise (the title is ‘Kargo Kult Kulture’), a trader whose blank expression calmly signifies the done deal.
Más definiciones de cargo cultDefinición de cargo cult en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional