- Christian love of humankind; charity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The forfeiture of self-possession is indeed a condition for the narrator's rediscovery of Christian caritas, though the surrender is no less ‘terrible’ than Eliot has previously imagined it.
- The spiritual disciplines, like the Christian ideal of caritas, that lift human relationships out of the realm of the utilitarian seemed to have no place in the new world that commerce was bringing into being.
- It is interesting though that the speaker, while identifying caritas in familiar, Christian terms, actually downplays its rich, religious significance.
mid 19th century: Latin.
Más definiciones de caritasDefinición de caritas en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional