Definición de carotid en inglés:
Of, relating to, or denoting the two main arteries that carry blood to the head and neck, and their two main branches.
- Blood was obtained by carotid artery laceration.
- The catheter is inserted either at the front of the elbow, for investigation of the neck arteries (a carotid angiogram), or in the groin for a coronary angiogram.
- As he buttoned up his shirt, I noticed the scar on his neck from previous carotid surgery.
sustantivoVolver al principio
Each of the two main arteries that carry blood to the head and neck.
- Palpation of the carotids, thyroid or abdominal organs was impossible.
- The ancients knew that pressure on the carotids could put someone to ‘sleep’ sometimes permanently.
- From the aorta these bubbles would have gone straight up the carotids to her brain.
Definición de carotid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India