- 1A window or part of a window set on a hinge so that it opens like a door: [as modifier]: casement windowsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A casement window works like a door, with hinges on one side and the lock and handle on the other.
- Leaded casement windows opened on to the tiny plaza in front of the cathedral and a breeze billowed tapestry-like curtains in the bedroom and sitting rooms.
- The new room measures only 12x13 feet but feels far more spacious thanks to a large casement window and sliding glass doors that open onto a new deck.
- 1.1chiefly • literary A window.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She never really noticed much even though that large casement exposed the contents of the store like the box of a toy with the cellophane window.
- The stained-glass insert in the astronomer's casement is the one minor detail that differentiates the two hourglass windows.
- 1.2The sash of a sash window.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Instead, he preferred casement sashes, which he placed in strips, one after the other.
late Middle English (as an architectural term denoting a hollow molding): from Anglo-Latin cassimentum, from cassa, from Latin capsa (see case2).
Más definiciones de casementDefinición de casement en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional