A person handling payments and receipts in a store, bank, or other business.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For much of the last fifty years the country's banks have operated as cashiers for often insolvent state enterprises, paying little attention to their ability to repay, and building up a mountain of bad debt.
- He has also pointed out the role played by women as bookkeepers and cashiers in small businesses, before they started to make an entry into the professional world of accounting.
- Operating room nurses, surgeons, bank tellers, cashiers and other people who must spend hours on their feet find compression hosiery helpful in combating circulatory problems and leg fatigue.
Palabras que riman con cashieradhere, Agadir, Anglosphere, appear, arrear, auctioneer, austere, balladeer, bandolier, Bashkir, beer, besmear, bier, blear, bombardier, brigadier, buccaneer, cameleer, career, cavalier, chandelier, charioteer, cheer, chevalier, chiffonier, clavier, clear, Coetzee, cohere, commandeer, conventioneer, Cordelier, corsetière, Crimea, dear, deer, diarrhoea (US diarrhea), domineer, Dorothea, drear, ear, electioneer, emir, endear, engineer, fear, fleer, Freer, fusilier, gadgeteer, Galatea, gazetteer, gear, gondolier, gonorrhoea (US gonorrhea), Greer, grenadier, hand-rear, hear, here, Hosea, idea, interfere, Izmir, jeer, Judaea, Kashmir, Keir, kir, Korea, Lear, leer, Maria, marketeer, Medea, Meir, Melilla, mere, Mia, Mir, mishear, mountaineer, muleteer, musketeer, mutineer, near, orienteer, pamphleteer, panacea, paneer, peer, persevere, pier, Pierre, pioneer, pistoleer, privateer, profiteer, puppeteer, racketeer, ratafia, rear, revere, rhea, rocketeer, Sapir, scrutineer, sear, seer, sere, severe, Shamir, shear, sheer, sincere, smear, sneer, sonneteer, souvenir, spear, sphere, steer, stere, summiteer, Tangier, tear, tier, Trier, Tyr, veer, veneer, Vere, Vermeer, vizier, volunteer, Wear, weir, we're, year, Zaïre
1Dismiss (someone) from the armed forces in disgrace because of a serious misdemeanor: he was found guilty and cashiered (as adjective cashiered) a cashiered National Guard major
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although cashiered military officers formed a Legitimate Command in September 1990, they could not create an effective fighting force in exile.
- Jerome managed to be captured by Chief Joseph's men in 1877 and the army all but cashiered him, but he lived long and well on his inheritance, likely meeting his grandnephew Winston Churchill before his 1935 death.
- But he soon quarrelled with the Rump and defied its attempt to cashier him by leading a military coup in October.
1.1 informal Suspend or dismiss from an office or position: the team owner had been cashiered for consorting with a gambler
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has cashiered or attempted to discredit its own experts, ignored their advice, impeded scientific research into its health effects and assembled a disinformation campaign to confuse the issue.
- It had left him an alcoholic, cashiered from the service after 17 years on a medical discharge.
- These efforts actually backfired, and one lower-level State Department official was cashiered.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán