Definición de catalepsy en inglés:
A medical condition characterized by a trance or seizure with a loss of sensation and consciousness accompanied by rigidity of the body.
- Furthermore, high dose morphine is well reported as a cause of rigidity, catalepsy, akathisia, and myoclonus, which must add to the difficulty of interpreting pain on the basis of observation alone.
- Indications that patients were in hypnosis included observation of eyelid fluttering, catalepsy, and slowed respiration.
- The term ‘atypical’ was originally used to describe drugs that in animal models predict antipsychotic effects but do not produce catalepsy, most notably clozapine.
- Example sentences
- It was postulated that there could have been a particularly nasty strain of rabies - now extinct - in the Middle Ages that caused its sufferers to fall into a cataleptic coma that mocked death.
- Among other things, he was prone to seizures and cataleptic fits.
- Poor William was so traumatised by this procedure that he suffered a cataleptic fit that his relatives took for death.
Pronunciación: /ˌkatlˈeptik/adjetivo& sustantivo
Words that rhyme with catalepsyapoplexy
Definición de catalepsy en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan