Definición de catalyst en inglés:
1A substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without itself undergoing any permanent chemical change.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The key tools will be new breeds of enzymes - protein catalysts that speed up chemical reactions in cells.
- Most converters use platinum or palladium metal catalysts that convert carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons to carbon dioxide and water vapor.
- Heterogeneous catalysts are materials that increase the rate of a reaction, but are not in the same phase as the reactants.
1.1A person or thing that precipitates an event: the governor’s speech acted as a catalyst for debate
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Though the film is around these two men, it is the women who play the catalyst to all the events and add momentum to the story.
- It is the union of the latter two that provides the catalyst for the events that follow.
- In Scotland, it has always been Catholic schools which have been the catalyst for this debate.
stimulus, stimulation, spark, sparkplug, spur, incitement, impetus
Early 20th century: from catalysis, on the pattern of analyst.
Palabras que riman con catalystphilatelist
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda