Definición de catalyze en inglés:
1Cause or accelerate (a reaction) by acting as a catalyst.
- This reaction is catalyzed by the enzyme citrate synthase.
- In both cases the nitric oxide is produced by a reaction from a chemical called L-arginine. The chemical reaction is catalysed by an enzyme called nitric oxide synthase.
- However, studies have shown that lead, like other heavy metals, inactivates enzymes (proteins that catalyze biochemical reactions).
1.1Cause (an action or process) to begin: the tragic event helped to catalyze the already growing popular anger
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Water is a major issue that can catalyze the peace process or inhibit it.
- In doing so, she catalyses a process of reconnection and healing where there had previously been tight-lipped repression.
- Calling in the IMF will do nothing more than catalyse this process, given the Fund's past form in this area.
late 19th century: from catalysis, on the pattern of analyze.
Definición de catalyze en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan