Definición de category en inglés:
sustantivo (plural categories)
1A class or division of people or things regarded as having particular shared characteristics: five categories of intelligence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most widely used algorithms can be grouped into five main categories, as shown in Table 1.
- All the main tax categories increased with income and corporation tax showing particularly strong surges.
- For purposes of classification they could be divided into five broad categories.
2 Philosophy One of a possibly exhaustive set of classes among which all things might be distributed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In outlining the category of substance, we have already referred to examples of the second category listed, quality.
- Kant believed that he had arrived at his list of categories by a process of abstraction.
2.1One of the a priori conceptions applied by the mind to sense impressions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Kantian categories of thought which we use to make sense of the world are those possessing this property, which we shall term reciprocity.
- These fundamental categories are a priori, that is, they exist prior to experience.
- So, for example, the category of substance is interpreted in terms of permanence.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of course, temporal-parts theorists may urge that this categorial distinction between objects and processes is a superficial and philosophically unjustifiable one, rooted in the idiosyncrasies of everyday grammatical forms.
- Statistical relations between the categorial variables were analysed with SPSS software, using analysis or the Cochran Q test for related dichotomous variables.
- The political significance of categorial identity is clear in part because we are used to thinking of politics by reference to identity categories anyway.
Palabras que riman con categoryvinegary • subcategory
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda