Definición de cathartic en inglés:
1Providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis: crying is a cathartic release
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We were witnessing the cathartic expression of raw experience that could be the foundation of a profoundly moving work and perhaps one day it will.
- Perhaps this is why the film is best seen in a crowded theatre, where the infectiousness of cathartic emotion can have full play.
- Gullible by nature, they are easily swayed by catchy slogans and start seeking cathartic relief in communal frenzy.
2 Medicine (Chiefly of a drug) purgative.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Participants 50 years and older with an indication for colonoscopy underwent cathartic preparation of the colon before CTC followed by regular colonoscopy.
- The cathartic dose of sorbitol is 20 to 50 grams.
- The third type of intervention is administration of cathartic agents to increase gastrointestinal motility and hasten the expulsion of the toxin.
sustantivoMedicine Volver al principio
A purgative drug.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other laxatives and cathartics are available.
- Mercury is used in the manufacture of skin medicine, dental amalgam, plastics, cathartics, paints, fungicides, cosmetics, and scientific instruments.
- There is no evidence that cathartics reduce absorption or toxicity, however.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are beautiful quiet passages (including a surprisingly restrained Jaco solo) and tracks that just build and build until they just explode cathartically.
- I at least hope I have convinced you that my mom is a headcase and look forward to cathartically yet necessarily reviewing the insanity of my father next Saturday.
- The secret to a successful relocation is knowing what to honestly expect so you can laugh cathartically when the inevitable bizarre scenarios emerge.
Palabras que riman con catharticslapstick
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda