Definición de cathartic en inglés:
1Providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis: crying is a cathartic release
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We were witnessing the cathartic expression of raw experience that could be the foundation of a profoundly moving work and perhaps one day it will.
- Perhaps this is why the film is best seen in a crowded theatre, where the infectiousness of cathartic emotion can have full play.
- Gullible by nature, they are easily swayed by catchy slogans and start seeking cathartic relief in communal frenzy.
2 Medicine (Chiefly of a drug) purgative.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Participants 50 years and older with an indication for colonoscopy underwent cathartic preparation of the colon before CTC followed by regular colonoscopy.
- The cathartic dose of sorbitol is 20 to 50 grams.
- The third type of intervention is administration of cathartic agents to increase gastrointestinal motility and hasten the expulsion of the toxin.
sustantivoMedicine Volver al principio
A purgative drug.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other laxatives and cathartics are available.
- Mercury is used in the manufacture of skin medicine, dental amalgam, plastics, cathartics, paints, fungicides, cosmetics, and scientific instruments.
- There is no evidence that cathartics reduce absorption or toxicity, however.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are beautiful quiet passages (including a surprisingly restrained Jaco solo) and tracks that just build and build until they just explode cathartically.
- I at least hope I have convinced you that my mom is a headcase and look forward to cathartically yet necessarily reviewing the insanity of my father next Saturday.
- The secret to a successful relocation is knowing what to honestly expect so you can laugh cathartically when the inevitable bizarre scenarios emerge.
Early 17th century (in medical use): via late Latin from Greek kathartikos, from katharsis 'cleansing' (see catharsis).
Palabras que riman con catharticslapstick
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda