Definición de catheterize en inglés:
verbo[with object] Medicine
Insert a catheter into (a patient or body cavity).
- The right lower forelimb vein was catheterized for intravenous infusion of Ringer's lactate.
- An 86 year old man who had had a transurethral prostatectomy in 1985 was catheterised for acute urinary retention and allowed home with a catheter in situ.
- He presented to his local emergency department the next evening with acute urinary retention and was catheterised and admitted to a urological ward.
- Example sentences
- The advent of echocardiography, cardiac catheterisation, and nuclear medicine have since improved the diagnosis and investigation of patients with heart failure.
- During the last 10 years, we have substituted bedside echocardiography for right heart catheterization in our ICU.
- The patient then has a stress thallium test or, at the preference of the cardiologist, heart catheterisation or coronary angiography.
Definición de catheterize en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan