- 1 Anatomy Of or relating to the abdomen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Iron is absorbed in the proximal small intestine, where celiac manifestations are most prominent; hence, iron malabsorption is common.
- With the exception of nausea and vomiting secondary to stimulation of the celiac plexus, gastrointestinal symptoms are usually absent.
- Abdominal exploration showed that celiac lymph nodes were normal in appearance.
- 2 Medicine Of, relating to, or affected by celiac disease: a celiac childMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The villi in celiac patients have collapsed and fail to absorb nutrients.
- When consumed by celiac sufferers, gluten damages the lining of the small intestine, blocking nutrient absorption and leading to vitamin deficiencies.
- The doctor comments on the high incidence of osteoporosis in coeliac patients and says that this may be a presenting feature.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person with celiac disease.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Staples such as bread, pasta and flour can be obtained on prescription and many coeliacs can eat a healthy and even enjoyable diet.
- The society estimates that there are possibly 16,000 coeliacs in the country.
- The market has a very good range of gluten free food (muffins, chocolate cakes and gluten free bread) which should suit all coeliacs.
mid 17th century: from Latin coeliacus, from Greek koiliakos, from koilia 'belly'.
Más definiciones de celiacDefinición de celiac en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional