A stemless agave with long spiny leaves, which produces a tall flowering stem after many years of growth and then dies. Also called American aloe.
- Agave americana, family Agavaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its larger counterpart, the agave or century plant, like a tank-trap, can still be seen used as a washing line, with the clothes hung on the huge spikes.
- The botanical gardens currently has a century plant which is about to flower.
- Someone else knew where there was a century plant by the side of the road.
Definición de century plant en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional