A small phylum of marine invertebrates that comprises the arrow worms.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead, Rouse's conclusion that ‘groups such as the Arthropoda, Brachiopoda, Chaetognatha, Ectoprocta, Gastrotricha, Phoronida may have lost a prototroch’ is totally gratuitous, and remains unaddressed by his own data.
- Nielsen and Nielsen et al. come to generally comparable results, although sometimes the additional taxa Rotifera, Acanthocephala and Chaetognatha were included in Aschelminthes.
- Also unresolved are the phylogenetic positions of Cycloneuralia, Chaetognatha, Gnathostomulida, Cycliophora, and Micrognathozoa.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Into the early 1990s most researchers and evidence suggested that the deuterostomes were composed of chordates, hemichordates, echinoderms, chaetognaths, and lophophorates.
- On the other hand, one species of parasitic nematode can reach 13 meters in length - it parasitizes the sperm whale - and adult nematomorphs, chaetognaths, and some priapulids are also visible to the naked eye.
- Perversely, they failed to include any sequences from rotifers, gnathostomulids, chaetognaths, or, in fact, anything that might actually be comparable to Acanthocephala.
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek khaitē 'long hair' + gnathos 'jaw'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: Chae·tog·na·tha
Definición de Chaetognatha en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda