- A flying beetle, the adult and larva of which can be very destructive to foliage and plant roots respectively.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Several subfamilies of the family Scarabaeidae. See also cockchafer
- The grubs that you see in the lawn are the larvae of Japanese beetles, June beetles, and chafers.
- The pollinators of Asclepias woodii and Sisyranthus trichostomus were chafers (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Cetoniini) belonging to two species, Atrichelaphinis tigrina and Cyrtothyrea marginalis.
- Adult chafers begin emerging in late May and early June at the time of grape bloom.
Old English ceafor, cefer, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch kever.
Más definiciones de chaferDefinición de chafer en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional