(also chalcid wasp)
A minute parasitic wasp of a large group whose members lay eggs inside the eggs of other insects. They typically have bright metallic coloration.
- Superfamily Chalcidoidea, order Hymenoptera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It features unique footage of one of the world's smallest insects, a chalcid wasp known as a fairyfly.
- We identified a high level of mortality to stem beetles due to the attack of the chalcid.
- All species analyzed in this study are organized according to current chalcid taxonomy.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Chalcis (genus name), from Greek khalkos 'copper, brass', + -id3.
Definición de chalcid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional