Definición de champagne socialist en inglés:
A person who espouses socialist ideals while enjoying a wealthy and luxurious lifestyle.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Beginning in Italy with the second world war mere weeks away, its eponymous heroine is a young Englishwoman married to Gabriele, the champagne socialist scion of the wealthy D' Alessandria clan.
- Putting on his socks might now be a challenge, but the champagne socialist still likes to slosh round the bubbly stuff and talk about his work, politics and the two Penelopes in his life
- As a Labour supporter and donor, he's been branded a champagne socialist and incompetent; and has been subjected to votes of no confidence by a policyholders' action group.
- champagne socialism sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Balliol, predictably, are awkward too, eschewing a ball entirely in favour of a ‘Summer Event ’, presumably as Black Tie is a little bit too Black Shirt for their particular brand of champagne socialism.
- Is it legitimate compassion, or a self-serving identification with the fashionable causes of the day, a champagne socialism that can go hand in hand with the process of personal enrichment?
- Let's say this is a structural weakness of his oeuvre and - what the hell - of champagne socialism in general.
Definición de champagne socialist en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda