Definición de checkerspot en inglés:
A North American butterfly with pale markings on the wings that typically form a checkered pattern.
- Euphydryas and other genera, subfamily Melitaeinae, family Nymphalidae: several species, in particular the Baltimore checkerspot (E. phaeton)
- Our biologists are working with Mexican and American partners now to recover the light-footed clapper rail, the Quino checkerspot butterfly, the ocelot, and many other species.
- The acquisitions will add to the adjacent conservation areas and are essential to recovery of the Quino checkerspot butterfly (Euphydryas editha quino).
- Residential and commercial development, invasive non-native plants, and air pollution threaten the survival of the bay checkerspot butterfly.
Definición de checkerspot en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan