- The third atom can detach from the ozone molecule and reattach to molecules of other substances, changing their chemical composition.
- In its simplest terms, a chemical standard is a substance for which the exact composition is known.
- Elements are materials that cannot be reduced to simpler substances by normal chemical means.
- Just as the sweet smells of fall fill the air, the residents of the housing complex where I live are notified again - for the fourth time this year - of a chemical lawn treatment.
- Councillors have been told that fitting water filtering and chemical treatment would cost £223,000 plus annual running costs of £45,220.
- The hormone treatment is straightforward chemical castration - I am now impotent but it's an advantageous trade-off against a possibly fatal alternative.
- The war that followed saw them employing chemical weapons and both sides firing ballistic missiles at major cities.
- Aside from the nuclear variety of WMD, biological and chemical weapons pose serious dangers.
- In previous wars it took large artillery bombardments to make chemical weapons effective.
- There is often more than one synthetic route for preparing a desired chemical.
- Also, the chemical plant was processing ammonium nitrate, a stable chemical that requires a substantial infusion of energy to explode.
- It stores and processes hundreds of tonnes of toxic and highly inflammable chemicals and compounds.
Late 16th century: from French chimique or modern Latin chimicus, chymicus, from medieval Latin alchymicus, from alchimia (see alchemy).
Palabras que riman con chemicalacademical, agrochemical, alchemical, biochemical, petrochemical, photochemical, polemical
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: chem·i·cal
Definición de chemical en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.