The chemical and industrial use of organic raw materials.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Known as chemurgy, the science lost much of its ‘reason for being’ after WWII when the petroleum industry redirected its attention from the war effort to commercial products.
- The laboratories might not have been authorized at all were it not for the influence of the chemurgy movement.
- There is still opportunity to exploit the chemurgy of formalin and develop new and higher priced adhesives and resins.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They had a new idea, a chemurgic idea: besides the fiber, hemp could be a source of cellulose.
- These chemurgic works reflected his long-standing commitment to the use of farm carbohydrates as industrial feedstocks for plastics, paints, gasohol, and other commercially viable products.
- In July, David Wright, University Intellectual Integrity Officer, will begin spending half days writing a history of the farm chemurgic movement from 1920 to 1955.
1930s: from chemo-, on the pattern of metallurgy.
Definición de chemurgy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda