- 1A knight.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The poor chevalier de La Barre subsequently joined Calas in the ranks of the Enlightenment's martyrs.
- In 1808 the imperial nobility was completed with the ranks of count, baron, and chevalier, all of them hereditary.
- Philippe, chevalier de Lorraine, like Guiche before him, bore a striking resemblance to Louis himself.
- 1.1A chivalrous man.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Peter, part mercenary and part chevalier, is a little late with the cavalry.
- 1.2A member of certain orders of knighthood or of modern French orders such as the Legion of Honor.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was also honoured with France's highest cultural honour, becoming a chevalier of the Legion d' Honneur, in the same year Sophie met a brutal death.
- He was made a chevalier of the French Legion of Honor in 1896, and received the Order of Saint Michael from the government of Bavaria in 1898.
- Coolidge organised courses for his men at the Sorbonne in 1919 and in that year the French government made him a chevalier of the Légion d' Honneur.
- 1.3 (Chevalier) British • historical The title of James and Charles Stuart, pretenders to the British throne.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If anybody needs reminding, Hector and Plunder also went by the names of Charles Edward and Henry Benedict, i.e. the Young Pretender / Chevalier and his brother.
Más definiciones de chevalierDefinición de chevalier en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional