1A young bird, especially one newly hatched.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Cuckoos con other birds into rearing their chicks because it's so much easier than doing it themselves.
- After the experiment, we monitored the experimental birds until chicks fledged.
- Scientists have discovered there is a bird that can detect cuckoo chicks in the nest.
1.1A newly hatched domestic fowl.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A good hatch from a small incubator is indicated when 70 percent or more of the eggs hatch, and the chicks are active and fluffy.
- I also used domestic chicks with prior experience of both prey types as predators.
- In the battle against bird flu, international health authorities must handle a thriving legal trade in live birds and chicks.
2 informal A young woman: she’s a great-looking chick
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He used his role as a journalist to meet high school chicks, and the nation is outraged, simply outraged that a journalist would manipulate someone in that way.
- You'll see lots of attractive chicks with nothing to do and no real job descriptions.
- I'm never going to skate quite like they are, I'm never going to attract as many chicks.
Middle English: abbreviation of chicken.
neither chick nor child
- North American or dialect No children at all.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some policy analysts, like myself, have neither chick nor child, and are dealing solely with educational theory.
- She had neither chick nor child poor soul, but she was well-respected and good to the poor.
- I have left to me neither chick nor child; all are gone, and in my will I have left you everything.
Palabras que riman con chickartic, brick, click, crick, flick, hand-pick, hic, hick, kick, lick, mick, miskick, nick, pic, pick, quick, rick, shtick, sic, sick, slick, snick, stick, thick, tic, tick, trick, Vic, wick
Entrada del diccionario de Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán