Definición de chickweed en inglés:
A small plant of the pink family with deeply cleft white petals, often growing as a garden weed and sometimes eaten by poultry.
- Stellaria, Cerastium, and other genera, family Caryophyllaceae: several species, including common chickweed (S. media), with smooth leaves and stems, and mouse-ear chickweed (C. vulgatum), with hairy leaves and stems
- Some weeds, such as chickweed, common groundsel, and bittercress, may germinate and grow at almost any time of year.
- On the opposite extreme, shallow-rooted ground cover weeds such as ground ivy and chickweed help prevent erosion and prevent soil crusting when dry.
- Again, this is a place to include uncultivated herbs such as dandelion, chicory, chickweed, malva, watercress, nettles and mustard greens.
Definición de chickweed en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia