- 1North American A tiny mite whose parasitic larvae live on or under the skin of warm-blooded animals, where they cause irritation and dermatitis and sometimes transmit scrub typhus. Also called harvest mite.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Trombicula, family Trombiculidae: many species
- Other blood feeding insects or mites that may occasionally be pests of poultry include: chigger mites, biting midges, and black flies (turkey gnats).
- The study for the first time reports a novel animal testing model for evaluating efficacy of repellents against chigger mites.
- Next thing you know, he'll lodge his unequivocal aversion to chigger mites.
- 2 another term for chigoe.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Deet protects troops on the ground from mosquitoes, deer ticks, biting flies, chiggers, fleas and other insects.
- Not only does it repel mosquitoes, but it repels ticks, chiggers, fleas, and flies, too.
- Although I have not subjected myself to all of these, the label says that Repel disgusts chiggers, fleas, mosquitoes, ticks, and sand fleas.
mid 18th century: variant of chigoe.
Más definiciones de chiggerDefinición de chigger en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional