Definición de chinaberry en inglés:
sustantivo (plural chinaberries)
1A tall tree of the mahogany family native to Asia and Australasia, bearing fragrant lilac flowers and yellow berries. It has become naturalized in parts of North America.
- Melia azedarach, family Meliaceae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On one side it was anchored by a huge chinaberry tree, on the other by a towering mimosa.
- Our neighbor has one chinaberry tree in the front, but all we have is grey dirt.
- Comanche Lookout Park hosts combinations of ashe juniper, Texas and Mexican buckeye, as well as chinaberry, graneno, Lindheimer hackberry, honey mesquite, huisache, and more.
1.1The fruit of the chinaberry tree, used as beads and to make insecticides: a rosary made of chinaberries
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among his choices were olive, lemon, lime, apricot, peach, and chinaberry.
- In the vicinity of Dothan, Alabama, bluejays are often called "roller birds," because when chinaberries are ripe, they sit in the trees and gorge themselves on chinaberries until they grow drunk.
- In the Southeast, chinaberries and blackberries are most popular.
Definición de chinaberry en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda