(also chinch bug)
A plant-eating ground bug that forms large swarms on grasses and rushes.
- Two species in the family Lygaeidae, suborder Heteroptera: the American Blissus leucopterus, which is a major pest of cereal crops, and the European Ischnodemus sabuleti
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He chuckles, ‘There's nothing a quail likes as much as a chinch bug.’
- The chinch bug is a native North American insect that can destroy cultivated grass crops, especially sorghum and corn, and occasionally small grains, such as wheat and barley.
- Although chinch bug numbers are not high in most fields, growers should check fields frequently during the next couple of weeks to identify problem fields.
Definición de chinch en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional