Definición de chipping sparrow en inglés:
A common American songbird related to the buntings, with a chestnut crown and a white stripe over the eye.
- Spizella passerina, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizinae)
- I can hear the songs of migrating birds: phoebes, white-throated sparrows, towhees, catbirds, chipping sparrows.
- Remember, though, if you think you have 50 song birds daily or 20 chipping sparrows, you should polish your binoculars, review your field guide and take a second look!
- Blue Jays and crows seem to have moved in of late, overpowering the persistent chirps of the chipping sparrows and resident cardinals.
early 19th century: chipping from chip 'chirp', with reference to the bird's repetitive chirping song.
Definición de chipping sparrow en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan