Definición de chiral en inglés:
Asymmetric in such a way that the structure and its mirror image are not superimposable. Chiral compounds are typically optically active; large organic molecules often have one or more chiral centers where four different groups are attached to a carbon atom.
- Most alkaloids are also chiral molecules, meaning they have nonsuperimposable mirror images.
- The resulting chiral nematic giant liquid crystals had wide temperature ranges for their liquid crystal phases, from room temperature to about 80° Celsius.
- The most common examples of chiral molecules are enantiomers.
- Example sentences
- Such isomers are called enantiomers and molecules that have enantiomers are said to be chiral or to show chirality.
- All of this is achieved without switching the chirality of the catalyst.
- The technique might also be used to template the growth of complex molecular structures with novel architecture and chirality.
Definición de chiral en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary