- A system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints, especially those of the spinal column, which are held to cause other disorders by affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Finding appropriate placebos or shams for treatments such as acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, or complex herbal mixtures is challenging.
- Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.
- Physical modalities, including yoga, massage, biofeedback, acupuncture, and chiropractic can also be of help.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In other cases the person may need to see a chiropractor or a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy).
- Acupuncture is not within the scope of practice of a chiropractor.
- All chiropractors must be registered with the General Chiropractic Council and osteopaths with the General Osteopathic Council to legally call themselves chiropractors or osteopaths.
late 19th century: from chiro- 'hand' + Greek praktikos 'practical', from prattein 'do'.
Más definiciones de chiropracticDefinición de chiropractic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional