Definición de chiru en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
A sandy-colored gazelle with black horns, found on the Tibetan plateau. Also called Tibetan antelope.
- Pantholops hodgsoni, family Bovidae
- Four mountaineers in the high steppes of northern Tibet and northeastern China have located the key calving ground of the chiru, a rare Tibetan antelope.
- But Chinese filmmaker Lu Chuan says he was inspired by the true story of the chiru - a rare antelope - and the Tibetan volunteers who risk their lives to protect the endangered antelope from poachers.
- The soft wool of a rare Tibetan antelope, the chiru, has been so highly prized that the animal which numbered some million in 1900 is threatened with being hunted to extinction.
late 19th century: probably from Tibetan.
Definición de chiru en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia