Definición de cholesterol en inglés:
A compound of the sterol type found in most body tissues, including the blood and the nerves. Cholesterol and its derivatives are important constituents of cell membranes and precursors of other steroid compounds, but high concentrations in the blood (mainly derived from animal fats in the diet) are thought to promote atherosclerosis.
- Chemical formula: C27H45OH
- Nephrotic syndrome also features abnormally high levels of blood cholesterol.
- They contain a soluble fiber that mops up the precursors of cholesterol in the body.
- I didn't know what good cholesterol was and bad cholesterol and what the numbers were supposed to be.
Definición de cholesterol en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan