- An animal of the large phylum Chordata, comprising the vertebrates together with the sea squirts and lancelets.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As an initial matter, the echinoderms and chordate phyla have been arranged in almost every possible phylogenetic order.
- Arthropods, chordates and annelids are the three segmented phyla in the animal kingdom.
- The zooplankton include chordate jellyfishes known as ‘salps,’ which are among the fastest-growing multicellular organisms on the planet.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to or denoting chordates.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Surely a more penetrating expedition into invertebrate diversity was required to dig up the precursors of the chordate characteristics.
- Scenarios of pituitary evolution traditionally focused on the base of the chordates consistent with the exclusively chordate nature of the pituitary structure.
- They are small fish-like organisms in which the chordate characters are retained in the adult.
Más definiciones de chordateDefinición de chordate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional