Definición de chow chow en inglés:
2 (also chow-chow) A Chinese preserve of ginger, orange peel, and other ingredients, in syrup.
- So next time you get the craving for yams, sweet potatoes, chow chow, papaya, cassava, fresh chillis, or just want five kilos of King Edwards, give Surrey Street a try and help to maintain one of the town's greatest experiences.
- Chow chow is an important ingredient when making Sri Lankan fruit cake.
- Chow chow preserves can be purchased at Chinese groceries or specialty food stores.
3 (also chow-chow) A mixed vegetable pickle.
- Chow chows can be made from cabbage, green tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower, corn, onions, peppers, vinegar, salt, turmeric, and a sweetener.
- In the south, and particularly in the mountains where they grow huge heads of crisp cabbage, chow chow is a favorite relish to be eaten with a bowl of pinto beans.
- Southerners serve chow chow with beans, peas and greens and as an all-purpose relish with meat, poultry and fish.
late 18th century: pidgin English, of unknown ultimate origin.
Definición de chow chow en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan