Definición de chromophore en inglés:
An atom or group whose presence is responsible for the color of a compound.
- While researchers have discovered all colored compounds do indeed contain one or more chromophores, not all chromophore containing compounds are colored.
- Fading occurs when any chemical process breaks the sequence of conjugated double bonds constituting the chromophore - the dye moiety that imparts colour.
- Benzene compounds with which chromophores are combined are known as chromogens.
- Example sentences
- Such heterogeneous systems are generally characterized by the confinement of groups of chromophoric molecules to micron- or submicron-sized structures, which are dispersed in a buffered, partly aqueous medium.
- As the chromophoric part of the molecule is inserted deeper in the membrane, singlet oxygen is produced by photosensitization at a greater depth.
- Here, internal protonation processes between the chromophoric group and the proton binding site close to the chromophoric group were assumed.
Definición de chromophore en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan