Definición de cingulum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural cingula /-lə/)Anatomy
1A curved bundle of nerve fibers in each hemisphere of the brain.
- A large proportion of fibers in the cingulum traverse only relatively short segments of this rather compact bundle.
- Between the cingulum and the periphery of the specimen, note the mingling of short and long association fibers with projection and commissural fibers.
mid 19th century: from Latin, 'belt', from cingere 'gird'.
- Example sentences
- The scans showed that a part of the brain called the anterior cingulate cortex became more active.
- The regions associated with emotion, such as the insular cortex and parts of the anterior cingulate cortex, are not activated until the more mature phases of a relationship.
- Interestingly, the anterior cingulate cortex doesn't distinguish between psychic and bodily injury.
Definición de cingulum en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan