Definición de citizen en inglés:
- Every citizen of the nation enjoys the cultural legacy afforded by song.
- It is a display of loyalty and passion of a nation's citizens in its uniting icon: the flag.
- One of the key points is that we have to respond as citizens rather than consumers.
- The management would like to point out that not all citizens of the fair city of Liverpool look like this.
- What is the point of overriding a planning department in the council, and the citizens of the city?
- A city was represented in other cities by one or more citizens of those cities.
- 1citizen of the world
- A person who is at home in any country.Oraciones de ejemplo
- But Greenland educators are discovering that if Greenlandic students are to become citizens of the world - to use the Internet and pursue higher education - they must be able to communicate in it.
- It was the domination of western style thinking and the growing preoccupation of the new regimes with Fabian style thinking that came in the way of citizens of the world, facing a new historical reality, together realising a better world.
- The world is our country, we are citizens of the world and creatures of the universe.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The more distant the government, the less involved the citizenry.
- And yet who can blame the government for doing what it can in the coming months to reassure a frightened citizenry?
- Meanwhile, the public is left in the dark and uninformed of the facts that go toward the formation of a responsible citizenry.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- European countries are struggling to develop immigrant integration policies that recognize multiple cultural identities, multiple loyalties, and multiple citizenships.
- If nations, states, borders, and citizenships are not perceived as forms of belonging, or are not the naturalized relations of subjects to places, then they can be seen as active forms of unbelonging, or of being ‘without.’
- It is a response to the dawning reality that the days of domination, triumphalism and second class citizenships are gone forever
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French citezein, alteration (probably influenced by deinzein 'denizen') of Old French citeain, based on Latin civitas 'city' (see city).
Palabras que riman con citizenorison
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.