1The shell of a clam, formed of two roughly equal valves with a hinge.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Glue the larger shells, such as these clamshells, to the inner and outer edges of the frame.
- She is making beautiful buildings out of sustainable materials - recycled bottles, clamshells, and mud.
- They were smaller than the clamshells protruding from the mud.
1.1A thing with hinged parts that open and shut in a manner resembling the parts of a clamshell, such as a kind of mechanical digger, a portable computer, or a box for takeout food: some clamshells offer full desktop power [as modifier]: a clamshell lid
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The handset opens like a standard clamshell phone to reveal a 2.8in 240 x 320 touch-sensitive screen.
- The computer continues to use a clamshell design that opens after you push buttons on the top and bottom of the case.
- The clamshell device opens to reveal a QWERTY keyboard and 16-bit colour display.
Definición de clamshell en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda