- A compound in which molecules of one component are physically trapped within the crystal structure of another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This creates cage structures called clathrates, which release gas on the tongue as the ice melts, producing a fizzy sensation in the mouth.
- Technically they are clathrates (crystalline solids), similar to ice except that they are not of uniform molecular composition: part of their structure is provided by a ‘guest’ molecule.
- Low-density clathrate structures have been observed and modeled at below-ambient pressures and temperatures.
1940s: from Latin clathratus, from clathri 'lattice bars', from Greek klēthra.
Más definiciones de clathrateDefinición de clathrate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional