- 1A T-shaped piece of metal or wood, especially on a boat or ship, to which ropes are attached.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new facility would come complete with mooring cleats for tying boats, which provides proper access to solid ground and more security for the boats.
- They shout orders while the voyage crew, the 30 of us aboard for the day, struggle with oversized ropes and cleats under the guidance of the volunteer crew.
- In addition the cleats on both the docks and boats need to be upgraded.
- 1.1One of a number of projecting pieces of metal, rubber, or other material on the sole of a shoe, designed to prevent the wearer from losing their footing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Soccer players should also wear shoes with cleats or ribbed soles to prevent slipping.
- Its composite platform is designed to optimize the pedal/shoe interface by using a unique cleat design which is adjustable in four directions for a highly tunable fit.
- They also work with shims on the shoe sole under the cleats.
- 1.2 (cleats) North American Athletic shoes with a cleated sole, typically used when playing football.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I saw cleats, track spikes, wedding and prom-fancy pumps, reef walkers, scrubs, ballet slippers, figure skates, and one pair of Uggs.
- He was dressed for soccer, too, with regular athletic socks on with his cleats, instead of the standard soccer gear.
- He shows no signs of slowing down at the age of 35, when most players have traded their cleats for slippers or golf spikes.
- 1.3An attachment for the sole of a cyclist’s shoe which clips on to a pedal, keeping the foot in place while cycling and increasing the application of force to the pedal: I think more or less everyone who has used cleats has fallen off at some stageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When a rider can't disengage his cleats from the pedals before falling over, it's called a foot fault.
- On a bike, the shoe/cleat connection is the point from which all power and biomechanical stability originate.
- This accident is a reminder to check cleats and pedals for wear.
- 1.4A projection on a spar or other part of a ship, to prevent slipping.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cleats give the metal edges another level of defense against wind uplift.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Imagine a time without guidebooks, when all routes were first ascents, when hemp ropes and cleated boots were de rigueur.
- Also, plastic cleated shoes work well on muddy fields.
- People passed frequently on the adjacent dirt road; most wore cleated boots, which identified them as enemy soldiers.
Más definiciones de cleatDefinición de cleat en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional