- (Of a boat) having external planks secured with clinched nails such that the bottom edge of an upper plank overlaps the upper edge of a lower plank. Compare with carvel-built.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps the most interesting of these were the clench-nails, as these were used to fasten the overlapping long planks of a clinker-built vessel together.
- The roof here is constructed almost like a clinker-built boat, again reflecting Barry's other great love, sailing.
- It's a 14 ft, wooden, clinker-built boat, upside down and in need of some varnish.
mid 18th century: clinker from clink (northern English variant of clinch).
Más definiciones de clinker-builtDefinición de clinker-built en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional