Definición de cliometrics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
A technique for the interpretation of economic history, based on the statistical analysis of large-scale numerical data from population censuses, parish registers, and similar sources.
- Moreover, the relation between cliometrics and the history of economic growth is actually more subtle than Drukker lets on.
- He has criticized most French economic historians for their insularity, both for sticking to their national history and for avoiding cliometrics.
- Different fashions became more influential for a short or sometimes longer period, for instance cliometrics and anthropological history.
1960s (originally US): from Clio, on the pattern of words such as econometrics.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, as I showed in Mokyr, there is no single cliometric explanation of the Industrial Revolution.
- When I first began to work on this project, cliometric quantifiers and mathematical modelers were the cutting-edge interpreters of slavery.
- Economic historians of the cliometric persuasion, however, will be frustrated as often as they are enlightened.
- Example sentences
- This afterword is both a nice appreciation and an interesting overview of the career of one of the original cliometricians.
- However, the questions that motivate this study are fascinating and well worth the attention of cliometricians, even if they are not the questions that we are used to asking.
- But before they could secure final victory, there emerged a research agenda that yielded a new set of weapons - new to the cliometricians anyway.
Definición de cliometrics en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia