- In Carthusian houses the individual cells occupied by members of the community open from the cloister walk.
- A trumpet sounded through the sun-bathed cloisters of Manchester Cathedral after the coffin of Stephen Oake was borne in by six pall-bearers yesterday.
- Hundreds of us occupied the cathedral cloisters and held a short rally.
- Jedidah, before you commit yourself to the cloisters, we want to give you a choice.
- When we meet Jesus in the medieval West, it is, in these and other ways, most often as the Christ of the cloisters.
- This embrace of the mystical dimension of faith does not require withdrawal to the cloister or a privatized Christianity.
- Sometimes Behrens recalls these stories from the vantage point of the monastic cloister.
- The setting is revolutionary France and a cloister of Carmelite nuns.
- There were many famous cloisters in Byzantium where such women placed themselves at the service of society as a whole.
- His skin sensed the suffocating stillness of the confessional as he heard the thick curtain sway close behind him, cloistering him inside the booth.
- ‘He's uncomfortable with it, so I tend to do it secretly, when I'm alone in the house or by cloistering myself in the bathroom,’ she admits.
- In this house they can cloister their passion freely since Maggie and Adam have in a sense pushed them together.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This building from the first quarter of the 18th century became home to a century-old cloistral tradition.
- In the baroque atmosphere of the cloistral reading room you can enjoy exclusive dinners or cultural highlights.
- Many generations have listened to this tale of a young girl high in her cloistral tower lowering her beautiful hair on command to an enchantress.
Middle English (in the sense 'place of religious seclusion'): from Old French cloistre, from Latin claustrum, clostrum 'lock, enclosed place', from claudere 'to close'.
Palabras que riman con cloisterhoister, oyster, roister
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.